Saturday, July 19, 2014

Blog Reclamation


It's been some time since posting. 

Life required I devote attention to areas other than the blogging world, still strange and uncharted, a place I don’t always take comfort in.

I still shop thrift and have strange thoughts and observations and still shop conventional retail and remain appalled by the products and gimmicks.

The new goal is to write one post a month while my daughter overhauls the look of this site. Blogger is more flexible now than it was in 2008. Right now, I look at this and scream, “Yikes!”

The Golightly's have done many things since the last post.

We rescued two puppies. Luna, named so because she’s just as bright as the moon, is nine pounds and roughly two years old. We suspect she's a toy poodle/Jack Russell mix. She’s been with us two years. Sometimes we’re uncertain if she’s a dog that chirps or a bird that barks so she also goes by the pet name of the Moonie Bird. (The pink moon boots in the photo came new from Goodwill. Pinky swear.)


Laika, named after the first dog in space, is often too quick to photograph. She’s rocket fast and just turned one on the 14th. I put a dab of whip cream on her nose to make her stop for just a second. The vet suspects a black lab and terrier mix.


Nora Ephron wrote, “When your children are teenagers, it's important to have a dog so that someone in the house is happy to see you.” Ephron nailed it, she always did.

Original plans dictated at least three posts in the hopper before restarting but that’s not going to happen. It’ll be seat-of-the pants, like it’s always been. We’ll have more chat on reuse soon.

12 comments:

rdalpay said...

Yay. So glad you are posting again.
Thank you.
Rebecca

Babs said...

I just checked last week to see if you'd restarted the blog. Good to see you back!

Serena said...

So glad to see you are back! You were most certainly missed, as your blog is one of the few that invites intelligent thought and discussion :0)

Rebekah said...

I was doing a bit of tidying-up in my blog roll just last week. So glad I didn't click that "Unfollow" button for The Thrifty Chicks! I look forward to fresh inspiration and encouragement.

vickigraff said...

Want to add my voice - I'm really glad you are blogging again. I am a devoted re-user and I value your blog for the content and your style of writing. Looking forward to reading more.

Sharon said...

welcome back to the blog world :) glad you're wading back in!

Cindy Brick said...

I'm so glad you're back...I've missed you.

Are you looking for others to write posts? I'd be interested...

CarrieP said...

Been missing your finds and thoughts and SOOOO glad you're back. Keep writing!

Anonymous said...

Soooooo delighted to see you here again. I have missed your insight and inspiration. I love to go to thrift shops and will be looking forward to your future posts.
Marie

Anonymous said...

Oh thank you for the update! Your dogs are so cute. -Heather

Catherine said...

I look forward to your posts. I've missed your voice, a much needed one for the reuse market. Good for you for rescuing those lucky dogs, and lucky you to have them. Don't be discouraged about the aesthetics. I was always so impressed by the photos of your thrifty finds and your commentaries.

Audra said...

Glad you are back even if it's just intermittent!